Private sessions are Functional Integration lessons that attend to your individual needs. Each session begins with an inquiry into your current condition, what you’d like to improve and any goals you’d like to work toward. We’ll explore some of the habitual movement patterns that led to your current situation and begin a learning process, where I help you find new ways to move that are more functional, efficient and comfortable.
Through gentle touch, inquiry and verbal guidance, I’ll direct your attention to different parts of yourself, so you can begin to sense and refine new pathways of movement that are less stressful on your body. As your awareness grows, your ability to move with greater agility, balance and strength will become easier and easier.
During a lesson you’re fully clothed and most often lying on a table, sitting or sometimes standing. I’ll often use various props to support you and to help facilitate the lesson. Your comfort and sense of safety throughout the session is paramount, so you’re available to sense, feel, think and move at your own pace.
A Feldenkrais lesson is more than treating the symptom or the part that hurts. I help you discover a clear sense of support and new organization throughout yourself. By learning to include more of yourself into each action you can rediscover your innate capacity for graceful, efficient and powerful movement.
Our work together is engaging, creative, fun, deeply calming and filled with discoveries.
“Sarah has an eagle eye, able to keenly observe what’s happening in an individual session online. My knee and hip joints had been uncomfortable when (trying to) sleep at night. Sarah led me through various movements involving my foot and knee. Sarah helped me to be aware of ways to make the movement in a more coordinated way. By bringing attention to how I moved each side differently, I discovered new possibilities. Before long, movements of my foot engaged my pelvis in a new way and involved my whole body, even my head. I felt like my leg was floating. I slept soundly with no discomfort.”
Who comes for a private session?
I work with clients who suffer from a wide range of issues and want support in learning new ways to move and care for themselves.
- Aches & pains that include back, shoulder, arm, neck, hip, foot and knee pain.
- Overall stiffness, tension, stress & anxiety.
- Scoliosis, leg length discrepancies & sciatica.
- Improve posture, balance and coordination.
- Enhance your performance in the activities you love.
- Recover from injuries and old compensation patterns that limit your ability to move efficiently and easily.
- Improve the way you sit, stand and walk.
- Resolve repetitive stress injuries by learning new patterns of movement that support you.
- Experience a deeper connection to yourself & the world around you.
- Develop your sensory awareness and ability to use your attention skillfully & become your own guide and teacher in resolving obstacles.
- Become more curious, creative and skilled at improving the way you move, care for yourself and live your life.
- Experience a renewed sense of vitality & joy
“This is the most sophisticated and effective method I have seen for the prevention and reversal of deterioration of function. We’re condemning millions of people to a deteriorated old age that’s not necessary.”
~ Margaret Mead, PhD, Anthropologist