Head, Neck & Shoulders
A new 7 week series starts
Sunday, November 6th at 9am!
November 6th to December 18th . Online via Zoom
Drop-in as you wish or take the whole series
*If you miss a class or the times & days don’t fit into your schedule you can still purchase the series and receive the audio recordings.
(The recordings are sent out the same day class is offered.)
*If you’ve never taken an Awareness Through Movement class before, this series is a great place to get started.
We’ve all experienced the discord and discomfort when our head, neck and shoulders feel out of wack. Stress, A chronic overuse of our short sighted vision from tablets, computers and cell phones and old habits and patterns of movement that eventually catch up with us, play a key role in degrading the comfort and function of these parts of ourselves. Our physical and emotional well-being can blossom when the organization of the head, neck and shoulders can function seamlessly together. Our next series will help you find a more harmonious relationship between the head, neck and shoulders, so you can take a load off and breath easily again.
The benefits You’ll Experience from this series:
- A new ease, cooperation and range of motion between the head, neck and shoulders will come to life.
- With your head held high, you’ll experience a deep sense of calm and composure.
- You’ll create a new and improved image for your neck. One that’s 24 vertebra long instead of 7. Your new & improved image will serve you as you sit, stand, walk and move through your day.
- You’ll come to understand how you support yourself from the ground up has a direct impact on how well your head, neck and shoulders function together.
I can’t wait to see you in class and to get started!
Awareness Through Movement®
Awareness Through Movement® Classes are a dynamic approach to learning through movement. You’ll learn to skillfully use your attention to sense where you get stuck, lost or use excess effort as you move. As your awareness grows, your ability to move with greater precision, power and elegance will become easier and easier.
In each class I verbally guide you through a series of gentle movement sequences that are done lying on the floor, sitting or sometimes standing. Each lesson is precisely crafted to improve basic functions in everyday movements such as, reaching, rolling, flexing, extending, twisting, side-bending, sitting, standing or walking. Awareness Through Movement lessons vary in difficulty and complexity and generally last from 45 to 60 minutes. All ages and movement abilities are welcome to attend class.
(Prerequisite: must be able to safely lie down on the floor and return to standing.)
“About a year ago, I found Sarah’s class at Velocity Dance and started attending more regularly. For me, she strikes a nice balance between leading me through the movements and yet challenging me to interpret it on my own. Her voice is soothing, easy to listen to. Her attitude is open and encouraging. After each session, I feel taller and lighter; my head and shoulders are stacked more over my hips and feet. My posture feels upright and easy to maintain. The longer I attend, the more natural and easy movement becomes. This seems to be the kind of practice one can do indefinitely into the future, and one that will benefit me even more as I continue to age.”
Benefits of Awareness Through Movement® Classes
- Experience greater flexibility, balance and coordination.
- Stand taller & move more efficiently with less effort or strain.
- Learn to reduce and recover from tension and pain caused by injury or over use.
- Develop internal strength through ideal organization.
- Learn to refine and improve your favorite activities in a new way.
- Reduce anxiety and tap into a more quiet state of mind and body.
- learn to use your attention more skillfully and become more self-aware.
- Experience a renewed sense of vitality and joy.
- Learn to sense habitual movement patterns that get in your way and create new options that support you.
- Become more curious, resourceful and skilled at improving the way you move, care for yourself and live your life.
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one you in all time, this expression is unique. And, if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”